newbuilding

Mr. Francis J. Sullivan
Mr. Francis J. Sullivan
After six years in the temporary monastery, a new, larger monastery was built for them and on the feast of All Saints, November 1, 1931, they moved into their new home to begin to prepare for the coming of the young women whom God would call to lead the contemplative way of life.

The beautiful new building was a gift of the Sullivan family as a memorial to Mr. Francis J. Sullivan, father of Mother Agnes Sullivan, who was a member of the Santa Clara Carmel and later its prioress.